We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
Moreover, you can find the bootloader on every Android smartphone, but the location may vary depending upon different smartphone brands.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
- Gaining the root access
- Allows to flash custom recovery
- Installing different custom ROMs
- This process may void the phone warranty
- The performance of your phone might also get affected
- The process might brick your phone, if anything goes wrong
- Might become a reason for disturbing the security of your smartphone
- You might also lose the data available on your phone storage.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Drivers.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS. (Extract the zip file and then install it on your PC)
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on it several times until the Developer option get enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Additional Settings->Developer Option.
- In Additional Settings, just tap on USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- First of all, take an action to download the Unlock.zip file helping in unlocking bootloader on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Once, you download the file successfully, now extract it and you will find two different folders there named as below:
- Install the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 USB drivers on your PC.
- Now, Turn your phone OFF Completely.
- Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode.
- Simply, connect your phone to a computer using original cable.
- Go to the Unlock folder in extracted folder and locate the "unlock.cmd" file.
- Finally, double click on the "unlock.cmd" file which will turn your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 bootloader unlocked.
That's it, Now your phone has bootloader unlocked successfully.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Specifications
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with 5.9 inches IPS LCD touchscreen, providing the resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels.
Moreover, the phone runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo), also upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) including Waveshare UI
The internal memory of the phone includes 32/64/128 GB paired with 3/4/6 GB of RAM and also support micro-SD card.
The camera features Dual 13MP + 5MP or 16MP + 5MP primary lens with LED flash including other features. In addition, 8MP or 16MP secondary lens with LED flash for selfies is available at front.
It is powered by Li-Po 5000 mAh battery. Officially available in Meteor Silver, and Deepsea Black colors.
How To Boot Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Into Fastboot Mode
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, Press and hold Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the fastboot interface appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.