We have included all the steps in this post to unlock the bootloader on HTC A101. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last, you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
How To Unlock Bootloader on HTC A101?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete backup of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download HTC A101 Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS. (Extract the zip file and then install it on your PC)
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on Build Number several times until the Developer option gets enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Additional Settings->Developer Option.
- In the Developer options, Enable the OEM Unlock.
- After that, enable USB Debugging.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on HTC A101
- Download and install HTC A101 USB drivers from the above pre-requisites section.
- Go to the official HTC page and log in to your registered account, Or sign up and create the account.
- Now, click on the drop-down "Select your device" and select your phone model.
- After selecting, click on the green button below displaying "Begin Unlock Bootloader".
- Continue with "Yes" and proceed with following the on-screen instructions.
- Turn your Phone OFF.
- Now, boot your phone into Fastboot mode.
- Grab the original cable of your smartphone and then connect it to your PC.
- Open the Command prompt using the administrative privileges and navigate to the directory c:\Adb. Now, type the following commands to access the ADB directory.
- Type cd/ and then press enter key to execute
Again type cd adb and press enter to execute
Now, when you are in the ADB directory, type in the following command in Command Prompt
fastboot oem get_identifier_token ---- Hit the enter key to execute the command!
- After that, the command prompt will generate the Device Identifier token, Simply copy the complete token from the command prompt paste it into the HTC page manual, and press the submit button.
Be patient! Wait for the email consisting of the unlock bootloader code file for your HTC A101. (It can take up to 24 hours maximum).
Step 3: Executing HTC A101 Unlock Bootloader Code File
- Open the email containing the unlock_code.bin file, and copy and paste it to the c:\Adb directory.
- Now, enter your phone into fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to a computer using the original cable.
- Open the command prompt using administrative privileges and navigate to the c:\Adb directory. (Mentioned before in Step 2)
Now, enter the below command and press enter to execute
fastboot flash unlock token Unlock_code.bin
- By doing so, you will get a pop-up message on your phone screen, "You try to unlock the bootloader".
- Simply, proceed with "Yes" using the volume up/down and Power buttons.
It will reboot your phone and after the boot-up, your device bootloader will be unlocked.
How To Boot HTC A101 Into Fastboot Mode?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the bootloader windows appear on the screen, release all the buttons.
- Among all the mentioned options, select the "Fastboot" option using the Volume up/down and Power keys.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.