We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on the Motorola Edge 40 Neo. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones by unlocking the bootloader.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Edge 40 Neo?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download Motorola Edge 40 Neo USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on Build Number several times until the Developer option gets enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Additional Settings->Developer Option.
- In the Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking.
- After that, enable USB Debugging.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on Motorola Edge 40 Neo
- Download and install Motorola Edge 40 Neo USB drivers from the above pre-requisites section.
- Turn your Phone OFF Completely.
- Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode.
- Grab the original cable of your smartphone and then connect it to your PC.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right-click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
- Proceed with typing the following command to check whether your smartphone is detected by the computer successfully:
Click "OK" if it asks to allow USB Debugging after typing the above command. Now, type the following command to enter bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
After executing the above command, you will enter into bootloader, simply confirm that your device bootloader is locked. Now, type the following command to check whether the fastboot drivers are installed or not.
It will show your device serial number or else you shall re-install the drivers to get your device into the list.
After your device has been connected successfully, enter into bootloader mode by simply selecting and tapping on the "Boot To Download" mode by using the Volume and Power keys.
Now, type the following command and press enter to execute:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
By executing the above command, you will get a string, simply combine the string into one line by removing the spaces.
After that, go to the official Motorola Unlock Bootloader and sign in with your registered Motorola Edge 40 Neo account or Google Plus account that is linked to your smartphone.
Now, just copy and paste the string into the box and click on the button below "Can My Device Be Unlocked?".
Clicking on it shall send you an email with the Unlock Key.
Simply, copy the unlock key from the email, you just received and then paste it with the command below:
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
Here, you will need to paste the key in the place of UNLOCK_KEY. Press enter to execute the command and wait for the process to complete.
That's it, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Motorola Edge 40 Neo.
In the end, execute the following command:
The above command will reboot your phone, and your device bootloader will be unlocked after the boot-up.
How To Boot Motorola Edge 40 Neo Into Fastboot Mode?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, Press and hold the Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the fastboot interface appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.