We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on the OnePlus 11. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
Moreover, you can find the bootloader on every Android smartphone, but the location may vary depending upon different smartphone brands.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
- Gaining the root access
- Allows to flash custom recovery
- Installing different custom ROMs
- This process may void the phone warranty
- The performance of your phone might also get affected
- The process might brick your phone, if anything goes wrong
- Might become a reason for disturbing the security of your smartphone
- You might also lose the data available on your phone storage.
How To Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 11?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download OnePlus 11 Drivers.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS. (Extract the zip file and then install it on your PC)
Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone->Build number and then tap on it several times until the Developer option gets enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Additional Settings->Developer Option.
- In Additional Settings, just tap on USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Method 1: Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 11 Manually
Step 1: Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode.
Step 2: Connect your phone to a computer using the original cable.
Step 3: Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right-click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
Step 4: Type the following commands and press enter to execute:
"The above command will show whether your device is connected to a computer or not."
Step 5: Type the following command to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 11:
fastboot flashing unlock
"The above command will unlock bootloader on your device successfully."
Step 6: After executing the above command, you will get a prompt on your phone screen to confirm unlocking bootloader. Proceed with confirming the unlocking process on your phone.
Note: Confirming the Unlocking bootloader process will factory reset your device
Finally! You have got your OnePlus 11 bootloader unlocked.
Method 2: Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 11 Officially
Step 1: First of all, you will need to enable your device OEM Unlocking.
Step 2: Now, you need to fetch the IMEI of your smartphone. Simply, dial the below number on your phone dialer and remember the IMEI code.
Step 3: Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode.
Step 4: Connect your phone to a computer using the original cable.
Step 5: Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right-click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
Step 6: Enter the following command in the command prompt:
fastboot oem get_unlock_code
Step 7: Sign-in to your registered account here.
Step 8: Now, fill out the form with your phone IMEI, Email, and unlock code you have just fetched, and agree to the terms and conditions.
Step 9: Finally, click on the Submit button and you will get the unlock token via email.
Step 10: Once, you receive the unlock token.bin, then type the following command:
fastboot flash cust-unlock "unlock_token.bin" Replace (unlock_token.bin) with the file you just received via email.
Step 11: Now, type the following command and hit enter to proceed:
fastboot oem unlock
That's it, you have successfully unlocked bootloader on your OnePlus 11. Now, enjoy the rooting and custom ROMs on your smartphone.
How To Boot OnePlus 11 Into Fastboot Mode?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down, Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the fastboot interface appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.