We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
Moreover, you can find the bootloader on every Android smartphone, but the location may vary depending upon different smartphone brands.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that the unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2 USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on it several times until the Developer option gets enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Additional Settings->Developer Option.
- In Additional Settings, just tap on USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2
- Download and install Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2 USB drivers from the above pre-requisites section.
- Grab the original cable of your smartphone and then connect it to your PC.
- Turn your phone OFF Completely.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right-click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
Proceed with typing the following command to check whether your smartphone is detected by the computer successfully:
Now, type the following command to enter into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
To unlock the bootloader, type in the following command and press enter:
fastboot flashing unlock
if the above command doesn't execute successfully, then you can try the following command
fastboot OEM unlock
- After that, you will get the confirmation message, just proceed with Yes to unlock the bootloader.
- At last, reboot your smartphone by typing the following command to let your smartphone enter into an unlocked bootloader state.
That's it, you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2.
Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2 Specifications
It comes with 11.5 inches IPS LCD touchscreen display, providing a resolution of 1200 x 2000 pixels.
Moreover, the phone runs on Android 12L powered by an Octa-Core processor.
The internal memory of the phone includes 64/128 GB paired with 4/6 GB of RAM and also supports a microSD card.
The camera features 13MP primary lens with LED flash and 8MP secondary lens for selfies.
It is powered by Li-Po 7700 mAh battery. Officially available in Storm Grey, and Sage colors.
The price of the Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2 starts from 350 EUR.
How To Boot Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2 Into Fastboot Mode?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the Boot windows appear on the screen, release all the buttons.
- Now, select the "Fastboot Mode" option using the Volume UP key and confirm it by pressing the Volume Down key.
Now Your Lenovo Tab P11 Gen 2 is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.