We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on Motorola Moto G41. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
Moreover, you can find the bootloader on every Android smartphone, but the location may vary depending upon different smartphone brands.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto G41?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download Motorola Moto G41 USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on it several times until the Developer option get enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Additional Settings->Developer Option.
- In Additional Settings, just tap on USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on Motorola Moto G41
- Download and install Motorola Moto G41 USB drivers from the above pre-requisites section.
- Turn your Phone OFF Completely.
- Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode.
- Grab the original cable of your smartphone and then connect it to your PC.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
- Proceed with typing the following command to check whether your smartphone is detected by the computer successfully:
Click "OK" if it asks to allow USB Debugging after typing the above command. Now, type the following command to enter into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
After executing the above command, you will enter into bootloader, simply confirm that your device bootloader is locked. Now, type the following command to check the fastboot drivers are installed or not.
It will show your device serial number or else you shall re-install the drivers to get your device into the list.
After your device is being connected successfully, now enter into bootloader mode by simply selecting and tapping on the "Boot To Download" mode by using the Volume and Power keys.
Now, type the following command and press enter to execute:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
By executing the above command, you will get a string, simply combine the string into one line by removing the spaces.
After that, go to official Motorola Unlock Bootloader and Sign-In with your registered motorola account or Google Plus account that is linked with your smartphone.
Now, just copy and paste the string into the box and click on the button below "Can My Device Be Unlocked?".
By clicking on it shall send you an email with the Unlock Key.
Simply, copy the unlock key from the email, you just received and paste it with the command below:
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
Here, you will need to paste the key on the place of UNLOCK_KEY. Press enter to execute the command and wait for the process to complete.
That's it, you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Motorola Moto G41 .
At the end, execute the following command:
The above command will reboot your phone and after the boot up, your device bootloader will be unlocked.
Motorola Moto G41 Specifications
Motorola Moto G41 comes with 6.4 inches AMOLED touchscreen, providing the resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
Moreover, the phone runs on Android 11 powered by an Octa-Core processor.
The internal memory of the phone includes 128 GB with 4/6 GB of RAM and also support micro-SD card.
The camera features Triple 48MP + 8MP + 2MP primary lens with LED flash including other features. In addition, a 13MP secondary lens for selfies is available at front.
It is powered by Li-Po 5000 mAh battery. Officially available in Meteorite Black, and Pearl Gold colors.
Price of Motorola Moto G41 starts from $489.
How To Boot Motorola Moto G41 Into Fastboot Mode
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, Press and hold Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the fastboot interface appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.