Want to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra? Here’s the step-by-step guide that will help you get your job done.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and, at last, you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra?
Note: Unlocking Bootloader will wipe all the data on your smartphone! So better to take a complete back-up of your important data.
How To Enable Developer Option and OEM Unlock on Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on Software information->Build number several times until the Developer option gets enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then scroll down to the bottom and tap on Developer Options.
- In Developer options, first, enable the OEM Unlock.
- After that, locate the USB Debugging and enable it.
Method 1: Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra Using ADB & Fastboot Commands
Step 1: Download and install Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra USB drivers from the above pre-requisites section.
Step 2: Grab the original cable of your smartphone and then connect it to your PC.
Step 3: Turn your phone OFF Completely.
Step 4: Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right-click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
Step 5: Proceed with typing the following command to check whether your smartphone is detected by the computer successfully:
Step 6: Now, type the following command to enter bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
Step 7: To unlock the bootloader, type in the following command and press enter:
fastboot flashing unlock
Step 8: At last, when the process gets complete, then type in the following command:
Method 2: Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra Using Download Mode
Press the Power button to turn your phone OFF.
Boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra into Download Mode.
Press and Hold Volume UP button until you see the window that displays the Bootloader unlock information.
Finally, again press the Volume UP button to continue with "Yes" to start the bootloader unlock process.
After that, you will be prompted with a warning message regarding the data loss, simply confirm to continue the process.
Wait for the process to get complete. Once, it is done your phone will be rebooted.
When it boots up again, It will be in an unlocked bootloader state and you will also get notified at the start-up with a bootloader unlocked message on your phone screen.
That's it, your Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra is in an unlocked bootloader state.
How To Boot Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra Into Download Mode?
- Press and Hold the Power button until the Samsung Logo appears on the screen.
- Once, the logo appears Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to a computer or laptop using the original cable while entering into download mode.
- When a warning screen appears, release all the buttons and choose "OK" with the Volume UP button to continue.
Brilliant! You are in the Download mode now.
How To Boot Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra Into Fastboot Mode?
- Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the phone gets OFF completely.
- After when It shuts down, now while holding the Power button, release the Volume Down button and press the Volume Up button.
- Now, when you get into the Android Recovery Mode, simply select the "Reboot To Bootloader" option using the Volume UP/Down and Power buttons.
Brilliant! You are in the Fastboot Mode now.
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.