We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on ZTE Blade A71. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last, you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
How To Unlock Bootloader on ZTE Blade A71?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download ZTE Blade A71 USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Locate the About device and then tap on Build Number several times until the Developer option gets enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Developer Option.
- In the Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking.
- After that, enable USB Debugging.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on ZTE Blade A71
- Download and install ZTE Blade A71 USB drivers from the above pre-requisites section.
- Grab the original cable of your smartphone and then connect it to your PC.
- Turn your phone OFF Completely.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right-click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
Proceed with typing the following command to check whether your smartphone is detected by the computer successfully:
Now, type the following command to enter bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
To unlock the bootloader, type in the following command and press enter:
fastboot flashing unlock
If the above command does not execute successfully, then you can try the following command
fastboot OEM unlock
- After that, you will get the confirmation message, just proceed with Yes to unlock the bootloader.
- At last, reboot your smartphone by typing the following command to let your smartphone enter into the unlocked bootloader state.
That's it, you have successfully unlocked bootloader on ZTE Blade A71.
ZTE Blade A71 Specifications
ZTE Blade A71 comes with 6.52 inches IPS LCD touchscreen display, providing a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels.
Moreover, the phone runs on Android 11 powered by an Octa-Core processor.
The internal memory of the phone includes 64 GB paired with 3 GB of RAM and also supports a microSD card.
The camera features Triple 16MP + 8MP + 2MP primary lens with LED flash including HDR and 8MP secondary lens for selfies.
It is powered by Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery. Officially available in Blue, Gray, and Green colors.
How To Boot ZTE Blade A71 Into Fastboot Mode?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, you get able to see the Android robot on your phone screen, then release all the buttons.
Now Your ZTE Blade A71 is in Fastboot Mode!
How To Boot ZTE Blade A71 Into Recovery Mode?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely by pressing the power button for a while.
- Once It is turned OFF. Now, press and hold the Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- When the ZTE brand logo appears, release all the buttons.
- Next, you will be able to see the Android robot on the display, At that time simply press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys for a short period of time.
- By doing so, you will eventually enter Android System Recovery mode.
Now Your ZTE Blade A71 is in Recovery Mode!
- Use the below keys in recovery mode:
- Volume Buttons: To navigate between different options.
- Power Button: To select the option.
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.