We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last, you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
- Gaining the root access
- Allows to flash custom recovery
- Installing different custom ROMs
- This process may void the phone warranty
- The performance of your phone might also get affected
- The process might brick your phone, if anything goes wrong
- Might become a reason for disturbing the security of your smartphone
- You might also lose the data available on your phone storage.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate Drivers.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate
Unlike other Android smartphones, Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate is a bit different in terms of allowing unlocking the bootloader. The below steps will get your job done successfully.
Note: Unlocking Bootloader Will Cause Factory Reset on Your Device. Make sure to take a complete back-up of your important data!
Step 1: First of all, download Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate unlocking Tool APK File.
Step 2: Connect your smartphone to a computer via the original cable and transfer the downloaded unlock tool apk file to the phone storage.
Step 3: Once, the APK file is transferred to your phone, now install it on your phone by allowing the unknown source app permission.
Step 4: Launch the app after installation and accept all the terms and conditions.
Step 5: Now, when you finally enter the App interface, simply tap on "Press to Unlock your Device".
Step 6: Be patient! wait for the process to get complete as during the process your device might reboot several times and will take a longer time on the first boot.
That's it, Now your Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate has bootloader unlocked successfully.
How To Boot Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate Into Fastboot Mode
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, Press and hold the Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the fastboot interface appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.