We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 6. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
Moreover, you can find the bootloader on every Android smartphone, but the location may vary depending upon different smartphone brands.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
- Gaining the root access
- Allows to flash custom recovery
- Installing different custom ROMs
- This process may void the phone warranty
- The performance of your phone might also get affected
- The process might brick your phone, if anything goes wrong
- Might become a reason for disturbing the security of your smartphone
- You might also lose the data available on your phone storage.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 6?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download Google Pixel 6 Drivers.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS. (Extract the zip file and then install it on your PC)
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on it several times until the Developer option get enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Additional Settings->Developer Option.
- In Additional Settings, just tap on USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on Google Pixel 6
- Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your phone to a computer using original cable.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
Type the following commands and press enter to execute:
"The above command will show whether your device is connected to a computer or not."
Type the following command to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 6:
fastboot flashing unlock
"The above command will unlock bootloader on your device successfully."
After executing the above command, you will get a prompt on your phone screen to confirm unlocking bootloader. Proceed with confirming the unlocking process on your phone.
Note: Confirming the Unlocking bootloader process will factory reset your device
Google Pixel 6 Specifications
Google Pixel 6 comes with 6.4 inches AMOLED touchscreen, providing the resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
Moreover, the phone runs on Android 12 powered by an Octa-Core processor alongside with Google Tensor Chipset.
The internal memory of the phone includes 128/256 GB with 8 GB RAM.
The camera features Dual 50MP + 12MP primary lens with Dual-LED flash and Pixel Shift including other features. In addition, a 8MP secondary lens for selfies is available at front.
It is powered by Li-Ion 4614 mAh battery. Officially available in Just Black, and Sorta Sage colors.
Price of Google Pixel 6 starts from $599.
How To Boot Google Pixel 6 Into Fastboot Mode
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, press and hold Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the fastboot interface appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.