We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 6 Pro. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last, you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 6 Pro?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download Google Pixel 6 Pro Drivers.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS. (Extract the zip file and then install it on your PC)
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on Build Number several times until the Developer option gets enabled.
- Get back to Settings->System and then tap on Developer Option.
- In the Developer option, enable OEM Unlocking.
- After that, enable USB Debugging.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your phone to a computer using the original cable.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right-click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
Type the following commands and press enter to execute:
"The above command will show whether your device is connected to a computer or not."
Type the following command to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 6 Pro:
fastboot flashing unlock
"The above command will unlock bootloader on your device successfully."
After executing the above command, you will get a prompt on your phone screen to confirm unlocking bootloader. Proceed with confirming the unlocking process on your phone.
Note: Confirming the Unlocking bootloader process will factory reset your device
Google Pixel 6 Pro Specifications
Google Pixel 6 Pro comes with 6.71 inches LTPO AMOLED touchscreen, providing a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels.
Moreover, the phone runs on Android 12 powered by an Octa-Core processor alongside Google Tensor Chipset.
The internal memory of the phone includes 128/256/512 GB paired with 12 GB RAM.
The camera features Triple 50MP + 48MP + 12MP primary lens with Dual-LED flash and Pixel Shift including other features. In addition, an 11.1MP secondary lens for selfies is available at the front.
It is powered by Li-Ion 5003 mAh battery. Officially available in Cloudy White, Sorta Sunny, and Stormy Black colors.
The price of Google Pixel 6 Pro starts from $828.
How To Boot Google Pixel 6 Pro Into Fastboot Mode?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, press and hold Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the fastboot interface appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.