We have included all the steps in this post to unlock bootloader on LG Q52. Simply, follow this guide and you will end up unlocking the bootloader successfully.
If you get bored with the stock firmware of your smartphone and want to play around with more customization, then you will need to get your device rooted. But you can’t be able to root your device before unlocking the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
In simple words, a bootloader is a set of instructions that are executed automatically, whenever the device is turned ON. The operating system and Kernel need bootloader instructions to start the boot process and operate the recovery mode.
By default, the bootloader of every smartphone is locked. The reason behind it is very obvious as every manufacturer wants the users to stay with their default provided skin and stock ROMs.
But as we know, Android is open-source and that gives more power and benefits to users to customize their smartphones with endless possibilities. Therefore, Android also provides users an alternate route to get a chance to customize their smartphones.
This process requires many hurdles ahead. It starts with unlocking the bootloader and so on the process continues with rooting and at last you can end up flashing the custom ROM on your device.
So, we get to know that unlocking bootloader is the permission for users to make different levels of customization from their end.
How To Unlock Bootloader on LG Q52?
- You need to charge your smartphone to at least 70% or above.
- Grab the original USB cable of your smartphone.
- Make a complete back-up of your important data. Note: It will wipe all the data available on your phone storage.
- Download LG Q52 USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool. Windows and MacOS
Step 1: Enable The Developer Option and OEM Unlock
To enter the process of unlocking, you are required to enable the developer option first and then USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Locate the About Phone and then tap on Build Number several times until the Developer option gets enabled.
- Get back to the main Settings and then tap on Additional Settings->Developer Option.
- In the Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking.
- After that, enable USB Debugging.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader on LG Q52
- Download and install LG Q52 USB drivers from the above pre-requisites section.
- Grab the original cable of your smartphone and then connect it to your PC.
- Turn your Phone OFF.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot folder and right click anywhere in the blank space while holding the shift key to open the command windows or power shell windows.
- Proceed with typing the following command to check whether your smartphone is detected by the computer successfully:
Now, type the following command to enter into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
To unlock the bootloader on LG Q52, type the following command and press enter to execute:
fastboot oem unlock
That's it, you have successfully unlocked bootloader on LG Q52.
LG Q52 Specifications
LG Q52 comes with 6.6 inches IPS LCD touchscreen display, providing a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels.
Moreover, the phone runs on Android 10 powered by an Octa-Core processor.
The internal memory of the phone includes 64 GB paired with 4 GB of RAM and also supports a micro-SD card.
The camera features Quad 48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP primary lens with Dual-LED flash including other features and 13MP secondary lens for selfies.
It is powered by Li-Po 4000 mAh battery. Officially available in Silky White, and Silky Red colors.
Price of LG Q52 starts from 240 EUR.
How To Boot LG Q52 Into Fastboot Mode?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, Press and hold Power, and Volume buttons simultaneously.
- Once, the fastboot interface appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
Now Your Phone is in Fastboot Mode!
How To Open Bootloader Mode on LG Devices?
- Turn your Phone Off Completely.
- Now, Press and hold Power, and Volume down buttons simultaneously until you see the LG Logo on your phone screen. Once, you see it, then release the buttons.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down simultaneously. When the LG logo appears on the screen, then release the buttons.
- After that, again press and hold the same buttons until the bootloader windows appear on the screen.
Now Your Phone is in Bootloader Mode!
I am a tech lover and smartphone enthusiast. I am always keen to know new things about smartphone software’s and hardware’s, So that I can provide solutions to user’s facing different problems.